What is the AAPi?
For any problems with registering or if you don't receive an invoice after registering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or call 0418 391 820
What is the AAPi?
The Australian Association of Psychologists (AAPi) is a peak psychology body in Australia. It was started in 2010 as to offer all psychologists an alternative professional body that aims to represent the interests of all Psychologists. It’s primary goal is to address inequality in the profession, primarily around the two-tier Medicare rebate, but recognises that this inequity is also becoming apparent in other spheres (i.e., reports for Centrelink, DVA).
The core values of the AAPi are Democracy, Diversity and Unity.
Why join the AAPi?
Some reasons to join the AAPi include:
- be part of a professional body that represents all psychologists (e.g., to the Medicare review panel)
- an opportunity to be linked with a supervision community
- ethical guidance if/when needed
- initial legal advice if/when needed
- evidence of membership to a professional body bound by an ethical code of conduct (which is required by some referral sources)
- 100% of your membership fee is used to work towards equity in the profession
- ability to identify as a member on professional documents/reports
- advocacy on a number of issues effecting the profession (e.g., two-tier Medicare system)
- links to Insurance House for professional insurance
- having a voice through your membership (the AAPi aims to listen to all members)
- no extra charge for a "find a psychologist" listing on the AAPi website
Who can join the AAPi?
The AAPI welcomes all psychologists including:
- Part time
What does it cost to join the AAPi?
The AAPi recognises that not all psychologists are the same so we have adapted our annual Membership subscriptions accordingly.
- Full-time - $250.00
- Part-time - $100.00
- Retired - $100.00
- Students - Free
Memberships renewals occur on the 30th of June each year.
How do I join the AAPi?
Joining the AAPi is easy.
- Click on “My AAPi” and from the drop down menu select “Register with AAPI”
- Complete the Registration Form and you will receive an email with an automated invoice for the first year’s subscription.
- On registering you will appear in the Find a Psychologist function on our website unless you select the opt out option
Any problems with registration please email
or call 0418 391 820